How Much Can a Honda Pilot Tow?
Along with its generous cargo capacity and strong safety ratings, the 2021 Honda Pilot offers robust V6 performance across all of its seven available trim levels. So, how much can a Honda Pilot tow? When properly equipped, the PIlot can tow a maximum of 5,000 pounds, which is enough to haul a boat or travel trailer on your next adventure outside of Boulder. Learn more in this Honda Pilot towing guide from Fisher Honda.
What is the 2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
The Honda Pilot towing capacity you can expect on Arvada roads will depend on whether you choose a 2WD or AWD model:
- The 2WD Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition have a tow rating of 3,500 pounds.
- Pilot models equipped with the Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System, (available on all trims and standard with the Black Edition), will boost the Pilot towing capacity to 5,000 pounds.
The new Honda Pilot can also provide a payload capacity of 1,420 to 1,625 pounds, making it fully capable of hauling heavy loads.
2021 Honda Pilot Performance Specs
All Honda Pilot trims come standard with a 3.5L V6 engine that delivers 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. A smooth-shifting 9-speed automatic transmission is also standard, as is the Eco Assist™ System, which keeps you aware of the status of your fuel usage to help you improve overall efficiency on Aurora roads.
2021 Honda Pilot Towing and Safety Features
The following Honda Pilot performance and safety features are designed to enhance your Boulder towing experience:
- HondaLink®: Allows you to stay connected to your Honda model’s fuel range, service schedule, and more, whether you are in the vehicle or away from it.
- Hill Start Assist: Uses sensors to detect when you’re on a hill, and will apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal to prevent rollback.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System: Increases the Pilot’s towing capacity, while adding superior traction and control in difficult weather and road conditions.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Displays a clear view of the area behind the vehicle, making parallel parking or hitching a trailer easier and safer.
Test Drive the Honda Pilot Today at Fisher Honda
Find out how the Pilot compares to competitors like the Toyota Highlander and Subaru Ascent, and then check out our current Pilot lease offers to find the best deal available. Ready to get behind the wheel of this capable SUV? Schedule a test drive with us today! If you have any questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.