A Deep Dive into Honda Sensing® : Coloradan’s Driving with Confidence
Colorado News About Distracted Driving Statistics Highlighting the Importance of ADAS
Here’s some recent Colorado news and statistics related to accidents and distracted driving that emphasize the importance of ADAS:
- October 26, 2023: Distracted driving suspected in fatal head-on collision near Denver (CBS Denver)
- August 17, 2023: Colorado sees increase in distracted driving deaths (9News)
- December 6, 2022: Study: Colorado ranks 12th for most dangerous drivers in the US (KDVR)
- In 2022, there were 553 traffic fatalities in Colorado, with 19% attributed to distracted driving (CDOT).
- Colorado has a “hands-free” law prohibiting drivers from holding electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Despite the law, a 2023 AAA study found that 18% of Colorado drivers admitted to using their phones while driving in the past month.
Your Co-Pilot for Peace of Mind: Unveiling Honda Sensing®
At Fisher Honda, we believe that peace of mind on the road is just as important as performance and style. That’s why we’re proud to offer Honda Sensing®, a suite of advanced driver-assistive technologies (ADAS) designed to enhance your safety and awareness behind the wheel.
This sophisticated safety system seamlessly integrates a range of features. Each of these Honda Sensing® safety features play a crucial role in supporting safe driving and potentially preventing accidents.
Let’s take a closer look at what Honda Sensing® has to offer:
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™):
This feature acts as a virtual guardian, monitoring the road ahead and automatically applying the brakes if it detects a potential frontal collision with another vehicle or pedestrian.
Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM):
Drifting out of your lane? RDM can help! It gently corrects your steering if you unintentionally stray from your lane without using a turn signal, helping you stay on track.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW):
If you unintentionally start to drift out of your lane without signaling, LDW provides audible and visual alerts to bring you back to attention.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC):
Maintain a safe distance from the car ahead, even in stop-and-go traffic. ACC automatically adjusts your speed to match the vehicle in front, reducing driver fatigue and promoting smooth, comfortable cruising.
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS):
This system helps you stay centered in your lane by providing gentle steering assistance, particularly useful on long highway journeys.
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR):
Never miss a speed limit sign again! TSR uses a camera to detect road signs and displays them on your dashboard, helping you stay informed and compliant.
Depending on the Honda model you choose, Honda Sensing® can also include additional features like:
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI): Warns you if a vehicle is approaching in your blind spot when changing lanes.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor (RCTA): Alerts you to oncoming traffic when backing out of a parking space.
- Automatic High Beams (AHB): Automatically switches between high and low beams for optimal visibility and courtesy to other drivers.
The Advantage of Honda Sensing®:
Honda Sensing® goes beyond simply reacting to situations. It’s proactively designed to anticipate potential hazards and support your driving decisions. This comprehensive approach offers an extra layer of security and confidence, giving you the peace of mind to enjoy the drive.
Experience Honda Sensing® at Fisher Honda:
Ready to see the power of Honda Sensing® in action? Visit Fisher Honda today for a test drive!
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions you have and demonstrate how this advanced Honda Safety technology can enhance your driving experience.
Remember: Honda Sensing® is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Always be aware of your surroundings and stay in control of your vehicle.