Best Compact SUV for Families is the 2015 Honda CR-V
The 2015 Honda CR-V was named the Best Compact SUV for Families by U.S. News and World Report. The CR-V is also U.S. News’ top pick for Affordable Compact SUVs. Not only is the CR-V an affordable option, but it also has features that cater to families. Here is why the CR-V is the best compact SUV for families.
The CR-V seats five and has plenty of cargo space.
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System Standard on the EX-L and Touring trims, this climate control systems allows the passengers in the second row to choose their temperature setting.
- Conversation Mirror Standard in all CR-Vs the conversation mirror allows the driver to see rear-seated passengers without having to physically turn around.
- Seatback Pockets and Door-Pocket Storage Bins Passengers in the rear seats have ample storage for toys, games, and more!
- Rear-Seat Center Armrest with Cupholders Standard on all CR-Vs the center armrest provides additional comfort while also providing a place for beverages.
- Rear-Seat Heater Ducts This feature is standard on all CR-Vs. It means the rear-seat passengers will get air without relying on the ducts in the dash.
The rear seats in the CR-V are easy fold-down, split 60/40. This means that when a section is folded down, cargo and passengers can still be in the second row. The seats easily fold down from the rear of the CR-V thanks to handles that are in the cargo area. Just pull the handles and each section of second-row seats folds down. With the rear seats up there is 35.2 cubic feet of cargo space. With the rear seats down there is 70.9 cubic feet of space, making the 2015 Honda CR-V the best compact SUV for families.
- Roof Rails Standard on the EX-L and Touring models, the roof rails just need crossbars so you can start transporting cargo on top of the CR-V!
- Power Tailgate Available only on the Touring model, the tailgate will open and close with the touch of a button. This means easier loading and unloading. The tailgate will open or close as far as 50 feet away!
- Smart Entry On the EX model and above, smart entry detects the key fob in a pocket or purse and will automatically lock or unlock the doors.
Safety Features make the CR-V the Best Compact SUV for Families
The Honda CR-V is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+. Not only did the CR-V receive a “good” rating in all crash tests, it also has an optional front crash prevention system that is rated as “superior.” This system is called Honda Sensing. Honda Sensing technologies as a package is only available on the Touring model. These features include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Honda LaneWatch
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning
All CR-Vs come standard with a rearview camera, advanced airbag system, vehicle stability assist with traction control, brake assist, and electronic brake distribution. Honda LaneWatch is standard on the EX model and above.
Call Fisher Honda in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6417 to test drive the best compact SUV for families, the 2015 Honda CR-V.