The “Top Safety Pick” Winner – 2012 Honda Civic
2012 Honda Civic at Fisher Honda is IIHS Top Safety Pick!
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), now-a-days, small cars are becoming much safer, and the 2012 Honda Civic is one of them. The 2012 Honda Civic has come a long way from earlier times when very few vehicles ever made the list.
The ratings are based on a cars performance in front, side, rollover, and rear impact evaluations. Vehicles that earn the top rating of “good” in each test category and have available electronic stability control or (ESC) are eligible to qualify for the “Top Safety Pick” award.
The new tests include both gasoline-only models and hybrids that rank among the most fuel-efficient vehicles that are available in the U.S. market.
In recent years small vehicles have made some big changes in their safety features. For example, all 2012 models and up, the government now mandates that all vehicles come standard with electronic stability control (ESC). Every Civic features the same standard, full line-up of safety features. Honda has dedicated themselves to implement advanced designs in order to increase the safety of their vehicles.
• Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) this helps sense oversteering or understeering, and will adjusts the brake pressure accordingly and/or will cut down engine power in order to help restore the vehicle’s control.
• Standard 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) – this helps the driver maintain control during hard braking.
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – this notifies the driver when a tire’s pressure reaches a significantly low level.
• The Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure – This has been added to help protect both and passengers when a frontal collision cannot be avoided. The ACE distributes energy more evenly in the event of a frontal crash.
• All 2012 Honda Civic’s are furnished with front, side and side curtain airbags help decrease the severity of an injury during impact.
Come in to Fisher Honda and have a look at our selection of 2012 Honda Civics, we have plenty to choose from. At Fisher Honda, we have been proudly serving Boulder, Colorado and the surrounding communities since 1968. We are committed to providing our customers the very best in customer satisfaction. Fisher Honda is your number one source for new, used, or Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. Call or stop by today!