Trim Levels and Price
If you’re looking to add a 2017 Honda Civic Sedan to your life, you’ll find five separate trim levels from which to choose.Options include:
- LX: Starting at $18,740.**
- EX: Starting at $21,140.**
- EX-T: Starting at $21,500.**
- EX-L: Starting at $23,800.**
- Touring: Starting at $26,600.**
Powertrains and MPG
The recent reinvention of the Civic lent the vehicle sprawling interior dimensions, but the vehicle’s standout advantages still come down to power and efficiency — or, more correctly, its ability to combine the two without putting either performance or fuel economy in the backseat.Even entry-level models receive up to 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque from a 2.0L four-cylinder engine. Power comes through quickly for sprightly city driving, but it also remains strong across the power band to let you cruise with the comfort of a much larger model, all while making up to 28 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway* with a 6-speed manual or 31 mpg city and 40 mpg highway* with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).
Even more impressive is the available 1.5L turbo. With an output of 174 hp and 167 lb-ft of torque, it actually possesses more power than standard midsize rivals like the 2017 Chevy Malibu and 2017 VW Passat. Paired with a 6-speed manual, expect up to 31 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway*; use a CVT for an unbelievable 32 mpg city and 42 mpg highway.*
The 2016 Civic Sedan was made 3 inches longer and 2 inches wider than its predecessor, and the 2017 model continues to outpace rivals when it comes to interior dimensions. If up to 15.1 cubic feet of cargo space and 97.8 cubic feet of passenger space sound good on paper, just check out how it compares to the competition:
- 2017 Mazda3: Only 96.3 cubic feet of passenger room and just 12.4 cubic feet in the trunk.
- 2016 Ford Focus: Just 90 cubic feet of passenger room and 13.2 cubic feet in the trunk.
The new Civic Sedan is also able to equip prestigious comfort features not commonly found within the compact sedan segment, including heated seats in both the front and rear – an ideal feature for cruising from Denver up through the Rocky Mountains once the snow starts to fall.
Honda is known as an early adopter of cutting-edge automotive technologies, so you’ll find a host of high-end tech inside the new Civic Sedan. Standard and available features include:
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™: Use your compatible smartphone to sync to the 2017 Civic Sedan’s onboard connectivity and infotainment systems, then use a growing selection of features and apps through the vehicle.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Activates automatically when you enter Reverse to save the stress and strain of having to crane your head for a look behind the vehicle. It even offers guidelines as standard and lets you cycle between three separate viewing modes (Normal, Wide, and Top-Down).
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System: Coming standard with complimentary map updates for 5 years, this Garmin-based system provides 3D mapping, a live search function, enhanced voice recognition, and HD Digital Traffic.
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan earned an incredible 5-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA,*** and it comes standard with features such as stability control, anti-lock disc brakes, traction control, hill start assist, and electronic brake distribution.You’ll even be able to take advantage of the Honda Sensing suite, which includes the following state-of-the-art driver-assistance technologies:
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow.
As you would expect, these features come standard with the Touring trim, but you’ll be able to equip them with even the entry-level LX.
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Works Earns Its Place at the Front of the Segment
There can really be little doubt that the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan is something special. This is a vehicle that is able to pull away from rival compact sedans across all measures, so its intense popularity should come as no surprise. If you’d like to experience it for yourself near Denver, visit Fisher Honda today. You’ll find us just a ten-minute drive east from the center of Boulder, CO.
* Based on 2017 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
** MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
*** Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).