Honda’s Customer Mobility Program Helps Disabled Drivers
Disabled Drivers May Receive Assistance When Purchasing a New Honda
Just because you’re a disabled driver doesn’t mean you can’t buy that new Honda vehicle you’ve been eying. Honda realizes that not all people are physically capable of driving their vehicles the way they were built to be driven. Honda’s Customer Mobility Program proudly supports the special needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities. Honda provides eligible customers with up to $1000.00 in reimbursements for the installation of qualifying adaptive equipment on newly purchased or leased cars, trucks, SUV’s and crossovers.
Fisher Honda wants to help the disabled achieve their independence. There are certain requirements that must be met in order to qualify for the Honda Customer Mobility Program.
• Only newly purchased or leased vehicles purchased from an authorized Honda dealership are eligible for the program.
• Alterations of the vehicle must have been performed for the vehicle owner or someone in the vehicle owner’s immediate family.
• Modifications must be performed by a dealership that is registered with NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
• The customer will have six months from the date of installation to send in a written reimbursement request.
• Only the vehicle’s owner qualifies for the reimbursement.
Qualifying parts are defined as: alterations or adaptive-equipment installation that provides the disabled user the ability to drive the vehicle and/or convenient access into the vehicle. It is important to note that Honda does not endorse any certain brand of modification equipment for the disabled. It is the sole responsibility of the vehicle’s owner to choose the type of modification and manufacturer of any devices or parts added to the vehicle.
Alterations or the installation of adaptive equipment do require a prescription or documentation form the customer’s medical provider. However, there are some exceptions to the rule. If the customer requires a scooter or wheelchair, a prescription is not required to install ramps for those devices. Also, If the customer’s insurance provider covers a portion of the total cost of modifications, Honda will be the secondary coverage and the difference, up to $1000.00, will be considered for reimbursement.
At Fisher Honda, our qualified and professional service technicians are waiting to help you. If your vehicle is in need of modifications and you feel you qualify for Honda’s Customer Mobility Program, call or stop by Fisher Honda today for more information or to schedule an appointment.