2016 Honda Civic vs. 2016 Toyota Camry
2016 Honda Civic
2016 Toyota Camry
The 2016 Honda Civic presents Boulder and Denver drivers with more features, a more efficient ride, and a lower starting price than the 2016 Toyota Camry. If you’re looking for a cutting-edge sedan, the Civic is a top choice.
The 2016 Honda Civic starts at $18,640* for the LX model, while the 2016 Toyota Camry LE demands a minimum of $23,070. That’s a price difference of over $4,000, but the Toyota fails to convert dollars spent into value gained. Unlike the Civic, it lacks even basic equipment as standard, with automatic climate control, power door locks, and cruise control all missing from the LE.
It should therefore come as no surprise to learn that the Camry also lacks the more advanced features that the Civic LX includes as standard, such as a multi-angle rearview camera, automatic headlights with auto on/off function, and remote keyless access system. Few vehicles manage to offer more than the competition while demanding less — the Civic is one of them.
Both the 2016 Honda Civic and the 2016 Toyota Camry are offered with two engines, allowing for sporty performance and smooth, stately cruising. However, the Camry’s powertrains drain fuel significantly faster than those of the Civic:
- Standard Power: The Civic’s base 2.0L 4-cylinder engine allows Boulder and Denver drivers to make either 27 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway* with a six-speed manual transmission or 31 mpg city and 41 mpg highway* with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The standard Camry engine makes just 25 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
- Available Power: Despite its 174-hp output, the Civic’s available turbocharged engine allows for an impressive 31 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway* with a CVT. The Camry’s available engine is good for just 21 mpg city and 31 mpg highway.
The 2016 Honda Civic starts by offering a greater array of standard technology, and it continues to outpace the 2016 Toyota Camry in terms of available features:
- Android Auto™/Apple CarPlay®: This integrated technology allows you to sync your smartphone to the vehicle, then take messages, listen to music, or use apps right on the 7-inch touchscreen.
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers: The Civic is intelligent enough to know when it’s raining, and will activate its wipers automatically.
- Heated Rear Seats: The Camry only allows drivers to heat the front seats, while the Civic can also provide that function for your rear passengers.
The 2016 Honda Civic Provides More Than the 2016 Toyota Camry
Camry drivers are likely to regret not opting for the 2016 Honda Civic. To make sure that you don’t make the same mistake, come down to Fisher Honda in Boulder, CO to test-drive this stunning compact sedan.
* MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
** Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.