2016 Honda Civic vs. 2016 Honda Accord
Boulder and Denver drivers have plenty to think about when choosing between the 2016 Honda Civic and the 2016 Honda Accord. They remain two of the most recognizable sedans around, but they’re made with slightly different drivers in mind. Read on to find out which one is built for you.
Both the 2016 Honda Civic and the 2016 Honda Accord come with a choice of two engines:
- Standard Power: The Civic receives 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque from a 2.0L four-cylinder engine, making up to 31 mpg city and 41 mpg highway* with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The Accord LX generates up to 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque from a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine, making up to 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway* with CVT.
- Available Power: The Civic’s sporty 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque, achieving 31 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway* with a CVT. The Accord’s available 3.5L V6 produces 278 hp, 252 lb-ft of torque, achieving up to 21 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Accord’s output makes it an exceptional highway cruiser, while the Civic packs punchy performance and exceptional efficiency ratings that are ideal for zipping around the city.
The redesign of the 2016 Honda Civic saw a lengthening of its platform, meaning that this subcompact competes with most mid-sized sedans in terms of interior space. Drivers will find 15.1 cubic feet of space in the trunk and 97.8 cubic feet of passenger volume in the Civic LX.
However, the Accord LX still comes out on top for Boulder and Denver drivers looking for as much room as possible, with 15.8 cubic feet in the trunk and 103.2 cubic feet in the cabin. That makes it a top pick if you like taking longer journeys with the whole family, whereas the Civic excels if you’ll be regularly tackling tighter spaces.
Prioritizing first-rate features means finding yourself in either a 2016 Honda Civic or a 2016 Honda Accord, with both models offering premium devices for your comfort and convenience, including:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Comes standard with both the Accord and Civic to provide three separate viewing modes.
- Heated Seats: Drivers have the option of adding heated front and outboard rear seats in either model.
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™: Sync your smartphone to either vehicle, then use a growing selection of apps on the 7-inch touchscreen.
However, Accord drivers receive a few extra pieces of technology, such as available parking sensors at the front and rear. They’ll beep at varying intervals to let you know if you’re about to bump into another car or object while parking.
2016 Honda Civic interior
Find the 2016 Honda Accord and the 2016 Civic in Boulder, CO
If you need a sleek compact sedan with stunning, the 2016 Honda Civic is for you. For a traditional sedan with top-of-the-range technology and plenty of space, the 2016 Honda Accord fits the bill. You’ll find both at Fisher Honda, which proudly serves drivers throughout the greater Denver area.
* Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.