2016 Honda Accord vs. 2016 Chevy Impala
2016 Honda Accord
2016 Chevrolet Impala
Few family sedans offer more than the 2016 Honda Accord sedan for Denver and Westminster shoppers. When considering power, performance, and overall value, many models don’t even come close. To demonstrate the superiority of the 2016 Honda Accord sedan, the experts at Fisher Honda compared it to the 2016 Chevy Impala. We think it’s clear which sedan is the better choice.
The 2016 Honda Accord sedan is equipped with a more powerful, fuel-efficient engine than the Chevy Impala.
- 2016 Honda Accord Performance – In Car and Driver testing, the new Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cylinder engine was able to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 7.4 seconds thanks in part to the available Continuously Variable Transmission available. The same CVT set also offers excellent fuel economy, delivering an EPA-estimated 27 mpg city*/37 mpg highway* when paired with the 2.4L 4-cylinder powerplant.
- 2016 Chevy Impala Performance – The Impala took 8.7 seconds to reach 60 mph from the starting line with its 3.6L V6 engine. Since the Impala doesn’t offer the option of a Continuously Variable Transmission, it isn’t as efficient as the Accord, delivering just 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway in EPA testing.
The new Honda Accord sedan offers a number of convenient amenities not found on the Chevy Impala.
- 2016 Honda Accord Features – The new Accord has standard wipers with a speed-sensitive function that automatically adjusts to compensate for the speed of the car. The Accord is also equipped with standard dual-zone climate control, remote windows that can be operated from outside the car with the key fob, auto-dimming high-beam headlights, and optional heated rear seats.
- 2016 Chevy Impala Features – The Impala’s variable intermittent wipers must be manually adjusted, which can cause distractions during bad weather. While drivers can select dual-zone climate control for the Impala, they must pay extra and upgrade to the LT/LTZ trims to do so, but even then they will not have access to heated rear seats or remote power windows.
Enjoy the spacious interior of the 2016 Honda Accord
The 2016 Honda Accord sedan offers Denver and Westminster drivers a better overall value than the 2016 Chevy Impala:
- 2016 Honda Accord Reliability – Honda offers a corrosion protection warranty good for 5 years and unlimited miles. The Accord also recieved accolades from Kiplinger’s, The Car Book, and Automobile Magazine for reliability and engineering. In addition, it has been on the Car and Driver “Top Ten” list for 20 of the past 23 years. This recognition for superior value makes the Accord sought after model, ensuring that owners receive the highest resale and trade-in values when they’re ready to sell.
- 2016 Chevy Impala Reliability – Chevrolet’s corrosion warranty is also good for 5 years, but is limited to 100,000 miles. The Chevy Impala has never been selected as a Car and Driver’s “Top Ten” pick nor has it won accolades from industry leaders. Because of this, the Impala has a much lower resale value and commands less at trade-in time than the Accord.
Test Drive the 2016 Honda Accord Sedan Near Denver and Westminster Today
Denver and Westminster shoppers are invited to test-drive this capable sedan at Fisher Honda today. Contact our dealership at (303) 245-6417, or visit our showroom at 6025 Arapahoe Road in Boulder. Come experience the attractive 2016 Honda Accord sedan now.
* 23 city/34 highway/27 combined mpg rating for 6MT models. 27 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for CVT models. 26 city/35 highway/30 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT models. 21 city/34 highway/26 combined mpg rating for V-6 models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.