2016 Honda Pilot vs. 2015 Nissan Murano
2016 Honda Pilot
2015 Nissan Murano
If you want an SUV that delivers power, interior volume, and versatility, the 2016 Honda Pilot is an ideal choice for Boulder and Denver drivers. It’s easy to see why U.S. News and World Report ranks this stylish SUV the number one Affordable Midsize SUV for 2015. To highlight its superiority over the competition, we’ve prepared a quick comparison of the 2016 Honda Pilot vs. the 2015 Nissan Murano. We think it’s clear why the experts choose the Pilot over the competition.
The 2016 Honda Pilot offers drivers more power, more torque, and a greater towing capacity than the 2015 Nissan Murano:
- 2016 Honda Pilot Performance – All trim levels of the Pilot are equipped with 3.5L V6 engine that produces 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the available AWD system the Pilot has a towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds.
- 2015 Nissan Murano Performance – The Murano also offers a 3.5L V6 engine; since it only delivers 260 hp and 240 lb-ft of torque, it’s power output is less impressive returning a maximum towing capacity of just 1,500 pounds.
The Honda Pilot offer more features geared towards cabin comfort than the Nissan Murano:
- 2016 Honda Pilot Features – The new Honda Pilot offers standard seating for seven, expandable up to eight with the second row bench seat. Drivers can also opt for a rear entertainment to keep passengers busy on long road trips. Select Pilot models come with acoustic glass for sound deadening and heated exterior mirrors for increased visibility.
- 2015 Nissan Murano Features – The recent Nissan Murano only offers seating for five, and it doesn’t have an available rear entertainment system. The Murano also doesn’t offer special acoustic glass to tamp down road noise. Drivers who want heated exterior mirrors will have to pay for the Murano Platinum, since they’re offered as an exclusive trim feature.
The 2016 Honda Pilot is safer for everyone, but especially for smaller passengers who are not well served by the Nissan’s safety systems:
- 2016 Honda Pilot Safety – The new Honda Pilot is equipped with a lane departure warning system to provide audible and visual alerts if the vehicle drifts into another lane of traffic. The 2016 Honda Pilot also offers multi-stage airbags that use vehicle speed sensors and seat sensors to determine the level of inflation.
- 2015 Nissan Murano Safety – The Murano doesn’t offer a lane departure warning system, so drivers drifting from their lane of traffic could easily cause a collision. The Murano does not offer multi-stage airbags and seat sensors; instead, it comes with a dual stage airbag system that always deploy at full force in the event of a collision.
Discover the Affordable 2016 Honda Pilot
Enjoy the versatility you deserve and buy the 2016 Honda Pilot today. To learn more about this capable SUV, contact one of our sales associates at (855) 727-7040, or stop by our dealership at 6025 Arapahoe Rd. in Boulder. Best of all, our showroom is only 28 miles from Denver.