JOB DETAILS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary function of this position is to process vehicle sales. The job includes verifying costs for the accounting department and handling the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles. This will be a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To process all new and used vehicle sales for registration in the state in which the vehicle will be titled including the preparation of tax documents.
- To submit all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- To verify that funds have been collected and the correct lien holder paid off before processing title applications.
- To verify accuracy in the applicable legal documents to ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
- To prepare payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins as necessary.
- To prepare transfer documents and enter accounting for dealer transfers.
- To maintain a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- To comply and maintain a complete list of all outstanding title work. Report list to management including a current list of outstanding titles to the controller at the end of each month.
- To prepare transfer documents and enter accounting for used wholesale transactions.
- To maintain records and post purchases of new and used vehicles.
- To process yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with controller.
- To stay abreast of title regulations, by attending seminars held by local licensing bureaus, internet research, and any other training available on title registrations.
- To cross train others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
- To answer customer questions accurately and courteously when dealing with title related questions.
- To direct title runner in daily routines.
- To maintain a professional appearance and a neat work area.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Ability to work with the Reynolds & Reynolds computer system. 10 key and typing by touch are necessary.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers or members of the business community. Ability to read and comprehend written documents and oral instructions. Ability to effectively communicate to management.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to perform basic math skills.
- REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but non-complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid driver’s license.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.2/3 or more of the time on the job spent sitting.2/3 or more of the time spent using hands and fingers to perform essential job responsibilities.2/3 of the time spent reaching with hands and arms.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT THE DEALERSHIP/WHAT WE OFFER
Fisher Honda has been family owned, and operated in Boulder since 1968. We offer an outstanding work environment, and a culture second to none. We offer a management staff with longevity that has the ability to train, coach, and motivate people to greatness. Our facility is large, clean, and modern in design as to serve not only the customer, but its employees. If this appeals to you then this may be your perfect career!
Equal opportunity employer
Excellent benefits package
- Flexible work schedule
- 40 hour work week
- Health, Dental, Vision, and supplemental insurances
- 401k plus match
- Paid vacation time
- Promotions from within
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Boulder, CO 80303
Required experience: Title Clerk- 2 years
Required license or certification: Driver’s License
Contact Dan Murphy at 303-443-0530 or apply online today.