What Can You Expect from the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid?
The Accord Hybrid is returning for 2017, and drivers from Boulder and Denver can expect to benefit from exceptional power and efficiency. The previous Accord Hybrid was a 2015 model, and Honda has clearly used the intervening years to bring the vehicle to the cutting edge of automotive design. Whether you’re appreciating the powertrain or its many onboard features, the 2017 Accord Hybrid is poised to exceed your expectations.
Top-Notch Power and Efficiency
The 2017 Accord Hybrid really does represent the next step forward in hybrid design. It uses a two-motor hybrid system to harness a combined output of up to 212 hp — more than the outgoing model, and more than any other midsize hybrid sedan — but it’s still aiming for exceptional efficiency ratings.
That’s partly down to an innovative drive system that eliminates the need for a conventional mechanical transmission. Instead, you’ll slip seamlessly between the following three drive modes:
- EV Drive: Utilizes only the electric propulsion motor and battery pack.
- Hybrid Drive: Uses electric power for the front wheels, with the 2.0L gas engine supporting it.
- Engine Drive: Combines the gas engine and propulsion motor for a powerful, confident ride.
The 2017 Accord Hybrid will offer Boulder and Denver drivers a Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ along with hybrid-exclusive design features such as blue-highlighted LED headlights and taillights.
It will also be available with the renowned driver-assistance technologies of the Honda Sensing suite, which includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Promises to Take the Model to Bold New Heights
Drivers don’t have too much longer to wait until they can experience the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid for themselves — it’s slated for release across the United States this year. To find out more about what you can expect, or to take a test-drive in the currently available 2016 Honda Accord, just come down to Fisher Honda in Boulder, CO.