The 2015 Honda Pilot
When Denver drivers want a new work or family vehicle, there is no better option than the 2015 Honda Pilot. Now available with a powerful V6 engine and plenty of storage space, Honda’s full-size crossover SUV is capable of handling whatever you throw at it, and we know that Denver-area drivers often need their vehicles to go all out. Whether it’s the Pilot’s well-equipped entry-level LX trim, the brand-new mid-range Special Edition trim, or the high-end Touring, there’s something for everyone in the new Pilot.
Trim Levels and MSRP
Every trim level of the Pilot is incredibly well-equipped, even the basic LX, making it easy for you to find the SUV that best fits your needs and budget. And each of the trim levels can be had in either two or four-wheel drive to give you the kind of control you need when you’re on the road:
- 2015 Honda Pilot 2WD LX: $29,870*
- 2015 Honda Pilot 4WD LX: $31,470*
- 2015 Honda Pilot 2WD EX: $32,120*
- 2015 Honda Pilot 2WD SE: $33,120*
- 2015 Honda Pilot 4WD EX: $33,720*
- 2015 Honda Pilot 4WD SE: $34,720*
- 2015 Honda Pilot 2WD EX-L: $35,370*
The Pilot is one of the most intuitive and responsive SUVs we have ever had the pleasure of offering here at Fisher Honda, and the 2015 model is no different. There isn’t just one aspect of its powertrain that stands out, though. Here are some of the more popular elements:
- 250-hp 3.5L V6: Offering up 250 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque, the standard V6 engine is found on every 2015 Pilot. Despite its power, it’s still one of the most efficient SUVs out there.
- 5-Speed Automatic Transmission with Grade Logic Control: Maximize the engine’s broad torque range for swift acceleration and optimized fuel economy. The Grade Logic Control system helps boost fuel efficiency under a variety of driving conditions.
- Four-Wheel Independent Suspension: Excellent handling is provided by the rigid unit-body build of the Pilot.
- Variable Torque Management Four-Wheel Drive: This optional system lets you manually lock the Pilot’s rear differential to get moving from a tough start.
For decades Honda has been paving the way to a greener automobile, offering up some of the most efficient models available, and the 2015 Pilot is no exception. One look at the 2015 Honda Pilot mpg stats is enough to convince drivers that they don’t have to choose between a fuel-efficient vehicle and an SUV:
- The 2015 Pilot models with two-wheel-drive earn an EPA-estimated 25 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg in the city.**
- Drivers of 2015 pilot models with four-wheel-drive will enjoy an EPA-estimated 24 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in the city.**
Practical yet stylish, the exterior of the 2015 Pilot looks like a definitive SUV. Plenty of rugged design elements that remind you that it’s comfortable heading off the pavement while some modern style that makes it feel just as comfortable on the daily commute. Features like the tailgate with lift-up glass hatch and the built-in Class III trailer hitch combine with the roof rails to give the Pilot a form that is true to its function: an all-purpose SUV.
Safety has been a priority with the Honda brand since day one, and the 2015 Pilot marks itself as one of the safest SUVs around thanks to a suite of modern amenities that make it possible to keep both driver and passenger safe:
- Rearview Camera: Standard on every Pilot trim level, the rearview camera makes it easier for you to back up with confidence that nothing is in the way of your SUV.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure: The ACE body structure is meant to crumple in just the right areas to distribute energy from an accident away from any passengers in the vehicle.
- Active Head Restraints: These active head restraints move up and forward in the event of a rear-end collision to help prevent neck injuries.
- Dual-Stage Multi-Threshold Airbags: Airbag injuries used to be one of the most common problems from an accident, but these new standard airbags deploy with a varying amount of force and are able to properly cushion in the event of an accident.
Seating and Space
The 2015 Honda Pilot has seating for up to eight, making it an ideal family vehicle. But what if you don’t need to fill up the whole SUV every day? Don’t worry, you can take advantage of the storage space offered by the Pilot. Honda’s SUV has up to 87 cubic feet of cargo storage available when you fold down the back two rows of seating. You don’t even have to fold them all the way down thanks to the 60/40 split nature of both second and third row seating.
Whether you are looking to fill up with the whole family and some friends or you need to cart one of the kids off to college, the spacious interior of the Pilot is not only comfortable but practical. With features like the rear DVD entertainment system (found on SE and higher trims), it’s easy to keep everyone entertained, too.
Since 2013, Honda models have had some of the best standard features around, and the Pilot is no different. Not only are incredible standard amenities found on even the LX level Pilot, but plenty of optional features make it easy to get the Pilot that’s the right fit for you and your family with technology like this:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink: Connect your Bluetooth compatible smartphone and make phone calls, stream music, and more thanks to the standard HandsFreeLink technology.
- Touchscreen Infotainment System: Honda’s i-MID touchscreen infotainment system is controlled right from your steering wheel and connects all of your technology in one place.
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation: This optional navigation system not only lets you get where you’re going without getting lost but does its best to make sure you avoid traffic congestion on the way.
- Rear DVD Entertainment System: This optional feature helps keep your passengers entertained while on the road. Just put in a DVD and let the Pilot do the rest.
The brand-new SE trim level not only comes standard with that DVD entertainment system, but it also features a 115-volt power outlet, a one-touch power moonroof, unique alloy wheels, and more that mark it as truly deserving of the “Special Edition” nameplate.
2015 Honda Pilot Review
Whether it was the very first Honda Pilot or the brand-new 2015 model, the fact is that there are few SUVs that have impressed us as much as this one. But don’t just take our word for it—professional auto critics have weighed in too:
- “If you need the maximum seating capacity offered in a midsize SUV, the 2015 Honda Pilot’s 8-passenger cabin fits the bill nicely. The Pilot’s excellent fuel economy, reliability and resale figures just serve to sweeten the deal.” – Kelley Blue Book
- “The 2015 Honda Pilot is one of the most practical and family-friendly vehicles in its segment.” – The Car Connection
Contact Fisher Honda For More on the 2015 Honda Pilot
If you want to learn more about the 2015 Honda Pilot, simply contact Fisher Honda today. Or you can make the trip to our Boulder dealership and talk with one of our sales experts in person.
To reach us from Denver, simply take I-25 N to US-36 W toward McCaslin Blvd, then merge onto CO-7 W and follow signs for CO-7 W/Arapahoe Rd—you’ll find us at 6025 Arapahoe Rd!
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $830.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
**18 city/25 highway/21 combined mpg rating for 2WD models and 17 city/24 highway/20 combined mpg rating for 4WD models. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.