2016 Honda CR-V Safety Features
Boulder and Denver families trust the 2016 Honda CR-V above all other crossovers thanks to its outstanding safety credentials. From premium protection features to superlative crash-test ratings and a full complement of available driver-assistance features, the 2016 Honda CR-V clearly makes your welfare a priority.
The 2016 Honda CR-V safety features accept no second measures when it comes to protecting you and your family from harm. Every trim level comes equipped with the following standard safety features:
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA): Helps prevent drivers from losing control while cornering by applying individual braking power to each wheel when a loss of control is detected.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Features Normal, Wide, and Top-Down viewing modes, plus guidelines to help you slip into tight spaces.
- Hill Start Assist: When the CR-V detects that you’re on an incline, it will automatically hold the clutch down until you hit the gas in order to prevent you from rolling downwards.
Stunning Safety Ratings
The 2016 Honda CR-V is safe to its core thanks to the Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, which will intuitively crumple upon impact to direct harmful impact energy away from you and your passengers. That kind of forward-thinking engineering has clearly paid off. The CR-V merited top safety marks from both the IIHS and the NHTSA:
- The 2016 Honda CR-V received a 5-Star Safety Rating* from the NHTSA.
- The 2016 CR-V Touring earned a top score of “Good” in all crash tests performed by the IIHS, plus a rating of “Superior” in terms of Frontal Crash Protection. Those ratings are why the IIHS named the 2016 CR-V Touring a 2016 Top Safety Pick+ vehicle.
Honda Sensing Suite
The Honda Sensing Suite takes Boulder and Denver drivers beyond the realm of traditional safety features by extending their awareness, sensing danger and providing warnings, or even stepping in automatically to help prevent an accident from occurring. The package’s advanced driver-assistance technologies include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Applies the brakes to prevent a crash from occurring or reduce its severity.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Provides an alert if a frontal collision becomes likely.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): Provides an alert if you begin to deviate from your chosen lane with signaling.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Applies gentle corrective steering pressure should you fail to heed the Lane Departure Warning.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): Adjusts your cruising speed to account for your distance from the vehicle ahead.
The 2016 Honda CR-V is a Crossover Worthy of Your Trust
It’s clear from the 2016 Honda CR-V safety features that Honda values the safety of its drivers in Denver, Boulder, and around the world. If you’d like to find out more, just contact Fisher Honda today.
* Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safecar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).